Single Central Record
Single Central Record (SCR) of Recruitment
All schools should have a Single Central Record (SCR) of recruitment, as recommended by the Department for Education in the publication “Keeping Children Safe in Education” - part three: “Safer recruitment” - paragraph 73: - “Single Central Record”.
The information that must be recorded in respect of staff members (including teacher trainees on salaried routes) is whether the following checks have been carried out or certificates obtained, and the date on which each check was completed/certificate obtained:
- an identity check
- a barred list check
- an enhanced DBS check/certificate
- a prohibition from teaching check
- further checks on people living or working outside the UK
- a check of professional qualifications
- a check to establish the person’s right to work in the United Kingdom
Where checks are carried out on volunteers, schools should record this on the single central record.
Please contact our helpdesk on 01274 436644 for further advice and guidance on the checks that need to be carried out for all staff and volunteers working in the school environment.